TCRP Update – October 2015
Greetings to all Tanzania-Canada Research Partnership colleagues, from the Symposium planning team.
In this Update, we are pleased to provide a preliminary agenda for our Second TCRP Symposium, to be held in Mwanza, December 10 and 11.
Overall theme: “Creating enabling environments for Canadian engagement in Health Research in Tanzania”
- To discuss how Tanzania-Canada research partnerships can be optimally aligned with Tanzania’s national research priorities;
- To consider how Tanzania-Canada research projects and activities can be optimally “harmonized” with each other, and with the health sector;
- To strengthen and explore specific collaborative research projects, including funding opportunities.
Thursday, December 10: (13:00 to 17:00)
- Welcome and introductions (including brief summaries from research teams about current activities)
- Presentation by Prof. Rugurabamu, VC of CUHAS: “Improving the health of people in the Lake Zone: the role of research.”
- Working groups (from last year’s Symposium): further discussion about challenges identified last year.
Reports from working groups, and general discussion.
18:30: Dinner for all symposium participants
Friday, December 11: (09:00 to 17:00)
- Reflections from Day 1
- Working groups (continued)
- Presentation by Dr. Hassan Mshinda, Director-General, COSTECH: “Update on the National Research for Development Agenda: the role of “South-North” partnerships”
- Workshop on: “Harmonizing Research on Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Research: Opportunities and Challenges”
- General discussion: Synthesis and way forward for the TCRP.
- Concluding remarks
[ Further details about location and other logistics coming soon.]